So January is pretty much over. January for me was all about internship interviews. Boo. Real quick, my doctoral program is a 4 year program. Its three years of course work and 1 year of full time internship. Next year is my 4th year. So now is the time you apply to internships. You either get one or you don't. Though its rare not to get one, it happens. And the one you do end up getting is not really negotiable. You interview and rank them, they rank you, and then some magical computer somewhere in psychology land decides where you "match" with and off you go. One of my interviews was at The Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology at Boston University. So I had to fly to Boston for an interview with them. We made a little 3 day trip out of it... In the middle of January... never having been on the East Coast ever... not smart. Needless to say, I caught a cold. It was too cold to venture too far from our hotel, but the 8 or 9 blocks of Boston that I saw was beautiful. But now I actually have to think about the fact that come February 23rd I might be finding out that I have to move to Boston for 1 year. Scary.

newbury st.
Here are some things I learned however from that trip. Your ears have really thin skin on them. They will let you know very quickly that you are too cold, even before the rest of you body realizes it. Your ears will begin to throb in ways you have never experienced. Also, be careful what you eat and drink when you're out in the cold. You see, you have to wear several layers of clothes, gloves, scarves, hats. Having to run into Starbucks cuz you just can't hold #1 anymore only to have to hop around in the bathroom while you try to open your jacket and get through the layers of clothes is not ideal. Though it might be fun for the person you are with to laugh at you.
on my way to my interview
No comments:
Post a Comment