Anyways, it was fun to be there as the "spouse" and field the, "so what do you do?" quesitons. "Do you work at Wells Fargo too?" and without fail, as soon as I say, "No, I'm getting my doctorate in psychology," I get the standard reaction... an eyebrow raise and then some comment about how I'm analyzing everyone or that they better watch what they say around me. I swear. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said that to me.... I'd have $394,888,001.23
Thursday, December 07, 2006
walking in a banking wonderland
So Hamid and I went to the his Wells Fargo Holiday party last weekend. All the bankers from south Orange County were there... I think there were a bajillion people there. And only 150 places to sit. Good plan. Needless to say, we stood a lot. This was my first outing with Hamid in his banking world as his "woman." Haha. Interesting how different our professional worlds are. These banker people were, well, bankers. In my world, the psychology world that is, we're all a little different. Colorful. I consider myself a smart person, but when I really can't keep up with banking conversations. I hear a lot of "blah blah... interest rates... blah blah... goals... blah blah..." I can't even think of one more term that I've retained.
Flash forward to my professional world. Lots of drunkeness (I don't know what it is about psychologist's and partying, but were drunkies, seriously), lots of hugs and kisses and spontaneous fits of "I love you guys!" The bankers, they get drunk too, but I didn't see quite as much affection.
Anyways, it was fun to be there as the "spouse" and field the, "so what do you do?" quesitons. "Do you work at Wells Fargo too?" and without fail, as soon as I say, "No, I'm getting my doctorate in psychology," I get the standard reaction... an eyebrow raise and then some comment about how I'm analyzing everyone or that they better watch what they say around me. I swear. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said that to me.... I'd have $394,888,001.23
Anyways, it was fun to be there as the "spouse" and field the, "so what do you do?" quesitons. "Do you work at Wells Fargo too?" and without fail, as soon as I say, "No, I'm getting my doctorate in psychology," I get the standard reaction... an eyebrow raise and then some comment about how I'm analyzing everyone or that they better watch what they say around me. I swear. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said that to me.... I'd have $394,888,001.23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"oh negar, stop analyzing the bankers holiday party. it was just a party not a diagnoses! so grab a drink you physcologist and stop getting a PhD! (are they giving those to women now?)"
p.s. i love the change in blog background
p.s. blog for gods sake!
you are not a consistent member of this community!
Post a Comment