We did a bit of shopping and some eating here and it's probably my most favorite place I've seen here so far. It's about 10 minutes by bus ride from our resort....
We got here to Mykonos yesterday and spent some time by the pool, but we're so jet lagged we probably spent most of yesterday sleeping. Which was fun too.
Our last day in Athens we accomplished something great... we took the Metro and didn't get lost! We went to the National Archeological Museum which was a great experience. We got to see all kinds of naked men sculptures as well as the mask of Agamemnon.
We miss you all very very much and think you'd all be having a blast if you were here. Everything is going great. The only thing to adjust to a bit the European attitude. We're not sure if most of waiters have just been rude or if it's a European thing. The people here have to be the most chic people ever. Even the old old ladies carry Fendi bags. Everyone is wearing designer clothes and we and all the other Americans stand out in our flip flops and jean shorts.
Tomorrow afternoon we will be off via speed ship to the island of Santorini where we will be for 2 nights and 3 days.
We've been able to keep up with the news over there pretty well since the only English channel here is CNN, so we we're happy to here Obama won the nomination :) Hamid is just trying to figure out a way to watch the Laker games... :)
2 comments:
Hey Sis,
Sounds like you are having a great time. The pictures and your description of the streets are amazing! I am so glad that you are there enjoying all of this, although I miss you very much. And I must say, "Yay for Obama!" and "Go Lakers!".
I Love you,
Nooshan
Hi Negar Joon,
I am so glad that you have good time. From the pictures I can imagine how beautiful it is there.
Enjoy it and have fun and rest.
Here every tthing is the same. kiss Hamid for me.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment