Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perks of Marriage: First Edition

Came to my awareness today that my blog readers (where are you? who are you?) have not been privy to my "Perks of Marriage" series as of yet. Here are the installment so far.

Perk No. 44
Sitting in your car at the gas station in the crazy wind that's whipping through Orange County while the hubby (who was driving in his own car) comes out and pumps gas into your car for you... returns to his car... and you drive off with a full tank of gas.
:)

Perk No. 16
Appreciation. Nothing says "Thank You," like the hubby honking your fun bags after you feed him dinner. Some would say a kiss on the cheek would suffice. But I prefer being groped in the kitchen by a man who is only half paying attention to the girlie parts he happens to be cupping as the other half of his attention is placed firmly on the mind-less commentary of the sports announcers on ESPN.

Perk No. 3
Everyday of marriage you discover something new about one another. Sometimes these things make you fall in love with eachother all over again. And other times they're just scary. This morning I discovered that the hubby, a man I have known for almost 12 years of my life now, has a habit I knew nothing of - talking to himself in the bathroom. Not just in the shower, but while he is blowdrying as well. What he says I can only ponder about from behind the door. Practicing the next time he is going to proclaim his love for me? Doubtful. No wonder he loved my idea of having separate bathrooms. Hmm...

No comments: