So I thought I'd do this whole blog thing. Not sure what my motivation is, just thought it'd be fun. I've kept a journal or a diary of some sort since I was in the 1st grade. I can literally go and trace back every teacher I hated, every time me and my friends got in a fight and ignored eachother, every crush I had on every boy. As the years have passed and my lifes become so much more pressed for time the journal was one of the first things to go. Clearly my schedule was much lighter as a 5th grader. I was able to squeeze in some journalling between talking on the phone with my cousin about whatever random boy was on our list for the week and adding pictures to my Keanu Reeves scrapbook. I'll write an entry sporadically, maybe 3-4 times in the past 2 years. This of course is by no means a journal because I mean come on lets get serious, all you people can read it! But I spend so much of my life behind the computer screen because of school that I figure this might be a place I'll be more likely to visit and leave a few thoughts.
And I thought I'd start it tonight because tomorrow morning my "summer vacation" is officially over. Back to LA, then back to school, and back to work. This summer seriously went far too fast. I say that every summer, but this time I mean it :) So I'll be starting my 3rd year in the doctoral program. This is the year that we apply for internship for 4th year. Thats basically our big task for the year. And trust me, its a bitch. I'm not anywhere near motivated or interested in this whole application process and all the interviews. I'm getting a pit in my stomach as I talk about it. So, in the fashion of a true procratinator and master of denial, I will choose not to think/talk about it.
I packed up all the things I have had all over the guest room in my parent's house all summer and loaded it into my car (with Hamid's help of course) and tomorrow morning I will be rolling out of the OC and back to West LA where I will proceed to pack up my apartment (yuck) and get ready for school. I love to be home here in OC for the summer. But I've definitely become tired of living out of my suitcase and sleeping in a twin sized bed. Don't ever do that to an adult. Its miserable. I sleep in constant fear that I will find myself face down on the floor. I'll be moving into a new apartment next Sunday. I'm looking forward to the apartment and having a roomate, but not the moving in 100 degree weather. But it'll happen and it will suck in the process but once its over, as with everything in my life the past year, I'll be saying, "It wasn't that bad, huh?" Since last September I have done so many things that I always thought would kill me in the process (figuratively) and done them successfully enough that I had to take a moment and think, "How did I pull that off?!" And that's definitely added to my optimism (if I had any to begin with).
I'm anxious for this school year to start though. Classes aren't so much a part of that anxiety. Actually that's the really fun part I find. I love my classmates and as long as our class days are, they truly make it so much better. The new practicum, thats a different story. I'm going to be working at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center doing psychological testing. When I got the position I did the same, "How did I pull that off?" thing because its a great site. The population is different than who I've been trained to work with so far. Last year my clients were college and graduate students at USC. I loved it, I loved them. It was an amazing experience. This year I'm told that the majority of my clients will have some form of psychosis, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder. Now, I'm kind of weird. Major psychopathology sounds like a butt load of fun to me, truly it does. But its still scary.
So ok. This is my blog. Thanks for visiting. Come as often as you'd like. Put your own 2 cents in if you like. And I'll be talking to you all soon ;)
6 comments:
Hello, Negar. I'm going to comment on your blog first. I think this year is going to fun and adventures for you, since you have new site and great position. So...don't worry about it babe, keep pushing. It will be over soon!!
Hamid
Negs...I think you will have an wonderful year!I wish you the best of luck and continue to be positive...you're almost done!!!!!!!!! Just please do not forget to cook dinner...and since you're not going to be THAT busy, why don't you just deliver too?? Dive the food dive down to OC 4 times a week so you can make your man happy =) YEAH RIGHT!!! It's cute how Reza is in his own litle world!
Best of luck sweetie! =) Rose
Hey Sweetie
Very cute blog...keep it up...b/c i enjoy reading and being amused while sitting in 8 hours of lecture. Hope you have a great year. You are gonna do great at Harbor/UCLA and you worked hard for that position...now its your time to shine!
Good luck,
Bana
Neggie-poo ... You can't get away with saying "Come as often as you'd like" without my pointing it out and snickering like a teenage boy. Anyway ... I think it's neat that you're doing the blog thing, and I'll be tuning in weekly. ;) As I read this one, a lot resonated with me. "Misery loves company," and believe me you'll have a lot of company! (It won't be that bad anyway.) We need to hang out soon ... Kim
I think you should change your picture once a week!! ;)
new blog please:)
Post a Comment